Ability is co-financed by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.
The aim of the Ability programme for Fingal Leader Partnership (FLP) is to bring young people with disabilities in the Fingal area whom are not work – ready closer to the labour market; using a range of person – centred supports.
This programme is administered by Pobal and is co-funded by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) and the European Social Fund (ESF) for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) Operational Programme, 2014 – 2020.
The Key Objectives for Ability
• To assist young people with disabilities to develop the confidence and independence required to participate in education, training and employment
• To assist young people with disabilities at key transition points between education, training and employment
• To encourage and support young people with disabilities who are not in education, training or employment to access and participate in education, training and employment
• To build the capacity of education/training providers and mainstream employment services to support the progression of young people with disabilities
• To build the capacity of employers to recruit and retain young people with disabilities within their workforce
To be eligible to participate in the FLP Ability Programme you must be:
• aged between 18 and 29 years
• in receipt of disability allowance or invalidity pension; or in receipt of illness benefit for more than three months; or
• an existing service user or client of one of the partner organisations (if they are a disability service)
• referred to the programme by one of the partner organisations supporting young people with disabilities (see below)
Partner Organisations for Ability
Ability for FLP is partnered with the following organisations in the implementation of this programme:
• HSE Eve Estuary Day Service
• Prosper Fingal Day Services
The Ability team is made up of two dedicated Employment Facilitators involved in support provision for both the young person and the education/training/employment provider involved.
Linda Howley Liam Carroll
Employment Facilitator Employment Facilitator
Contact the Ability Programme team on:
T. 01 – 8074282 E. firstname.lastname@example.org