FINGAL LEADER PARTNERSHIP
Fingal LEADER Partnership’s mission is to support local development and social inclusion across County Fingal, and in the rest of Rural Dublin. Achieving this includes supporting individuals and groups to develop skills, resources, and opportunities that help to create equal and inclusive communities. We also work to strengthen the rural economy and promote the preservation of unique landscapes and culture.
We currently have a vacancy for an Employment Facilitator within our Ability Programme. The focus of this programme is on bringing people with disabilities closer to the labour market.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct an individual assessment to identify the clients career path.
- Conduct meetings with the client and other stakeholders to determine the client’s employment aspirations, experiences, abilities, skills, and potential obstacles to employment.
- Establish a rapport with the client and develop a positive working relationship.
- Ensure that the client is an active participant in all phases of their job search.
- Identify potential employment opportunities.
- Market the Ability Programme and its client’s abilities to potential employers.
- Prepare CV’s to best market client’s abilities to potential employers.
- Source job interviews for the client and prepare them to succeed at interview.
- Secure work placements and/or jobs for clients.
- Liaise with employers, negotiating terms and conditions of employment and providing on the job training for clients.
- Act as an advocate for the client where necessary.
- Provide supports to the employer, supervisor, and co-workers.
- Provide on-the-job training and assistance to the client throughout the job placement.
- Mentor clients to help them become integrated and independent in the workplace.
- Support employers to integrate their new employees into the workplace.
- Assist in resolution of workplace issues for the client.
- Report on a regular basis regarding client’s progress.
- Always maintain high professional standards and confidentiality.
- Participate in training and development programmes where necessary.
- Provide full administrative reporting service based on client activity and progression.
- Work very collaboratively with relevant organisations to support client’s labour market needs.
- Carry out any other function relevant to the position of Employment Facilitator as indicated from time to time.
We are looking for an experienced professional with the following:
Education Qualifications and Attainments
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent standard of education is essential.
- Relevant Third Level Qualification is a distinct advantage in; Adult Guidance / Business / HR / Recruitment / Occupational Therapy or related field.
- Ability to be innovative and resourceful.
- Ability to use independent judgement and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Proven capacity to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Administration, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent Sales, PR, Marketing, and negotiation skills.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working with people with disabilities is essential and must be demonstrated in application.
- Ability to show sensitivity towards job seekers needs and empower them to succeed in the workplace.
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation.
- Experience of using recruitment and employment principles, methods, techniques, and resources.
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Office, CRM, and other technologies through desktop sites via computer and remotely through mobile applications essential.
- Fluency in verbal and written English is an essential requirement of this post.
- Full clean driving licence and means of transport is essential for the position.
- A high level of professionalism is required for this post, and confidentiality is of utmost importance.
This job description is intended to outline key duties and responsibilities for this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and activities to be attended to. A flexible approach to tasks which arise that are not specifically detailed in this job description will be required.
Salary: The salary scale will be Pobal Grade 2 and starting point will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A brief cover letter
- A personal statement demonstrating how you meet the above-mentioned requirements for the position (no more than 500 words) which must include relevant experience.
- A curriculum vitae summarising your qualifications and relevant experience for the attention of the CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should be clearly marked “Employment Facilitator”.
- The deadline for submitting completed applications is July 1stth, 2022 @2pm. Please note applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Applicants will be shortlisted based on information provided in their application.