Who We Are
Fingal LEADER Partnership
Fingal LEADER Partnership was formed in 2008 with the amalgamation of Co-operation Fingal and Rural Dublin LEADER Company. In this time Fingal LEADER Partnership has delivered a wide range of European and National programmes such as LEADER 2007-2013, LCDP, TÚS Community Policing, FAS LTI Training, Jobs Club, Care & Repair, Youth Mental Health Programme, Friends of ADHD Programme, to great success.
Fingal LEADER Partnership is managed by a Board made up of representatives from national social partners, community & voluntary sectors, and statutory sectors. The Board is the overall decision-making body on policy, appointments, and finance. The Board is responsible for deciding the strategic approach of the company, formulation of policy, and for the implementation of its programmes. The specific powers and duties of the Board are set out in the company’s Constitution.
The strategic roles of the Board are to:
- Maintain a long-term overview of Fingal LEADER Partnership Company Ltd. and its work
- Make strategic, major, and often difficult decisions about the company’s objectives, policies, and procedures
- Ensure that the company’s strategic plans are implemented in accordance with the company’s mission statement
- Ensure that adequate resources (particularly people and funding) are available to implement the strategic plans
- Guarantee that the expenditure of allocated funds will accord strictly with funding guidelines
- Regularly monitor the implementation of the company’s strategic plans
- Adjust the strategic plans in response to changing circumstances
- Oversee and communicate with the committees, working groups, and associated special project working groups
- Accept legal responsibility for the company’s strategy
All Board decisions are recorded in the minutes of Board meetings by the recording Secretary. Board meetings are held monthly, with a minimum of 8 in a year.
- Chris HarmonChair
- Pat McNamaraVice Chair
- Roger CroninSecretary
- Sean Corrigan
- Ken Duffy
- Tom Hahesey
- Chris Keogh
- Joanne Lynch
- Marianna Prontera
- Martin Tully
Fingal LEADER Partnership currently run a number of programmes promoting social inclusion, providing supports for enterprise development and employment creation, providing education opportunities reducing climate change and assisting community groups to find local solutions to local problems. The Rural Development Programme, in the entire rural area of county Dublin, Jobs Club in Swords and the Care & Repair and the TÚS programme in North County Fingal.